Language in posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
... There is NOTHING in the TOS that requires you to only speak english and we aren't about to start writing that into it now.

So, when in Rome... post in a way that makes this place fun for YOU. If that entails tagalog, Dutch or broken Iriquois, then so be it! You can translate for us poor slogs who don't speak the lingo, or keep the joke private. This is YOUR board: you are free to have as much fun as possible!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH NETDOC !!! for the clarification
Dank u heel veel
takk De meget mye
gracias tanto
merci beaucoup
Vielen vielen Dank
спасибо очень
xie xie nee
Maramaing salamat po! <----now this is PPD !!!!

PS,

Just humor me when I start asking questions about your language! El Orans and Elzie were GREAT in that respect. :D

BTW, if you can develop a "glossary" of oft used terms, I or any mod can sticky it for you, no prob!

Wow. Leave the office early and I get 43 posts to read. All the posts made sense. That is why I did not know how to answer my dive buddy this weekend. I was born and raised in the Philippines but English is my first language as my dad never learned the language when he moved here in 68. So I can even post in bisaya. I can understand ilonggo but cant write it. I went to school in Germany for a while so I can pretty much read that. Spanish can be easy as a lot of words are close to tagalog or cebuano. I guess its status quo. Thanks guys

Sie sind willkommen (you're welcome)

okey lang !!!

mamangkot ka diri (visaya- just ask here)

next time don't leave office early. ehehehhehehe

partridge:
Wow. Leave the office early and I get 43 posts to read. All the posts made sense. That is why I did not know how to answer my dive buddy this weekend. I was born and raised in the Philippines but English is my first language as my dad never learned the language when he moved here in 68. So I can even post in bisaya. I can understand ilonggo but cant write it. I went to school in Germany for a while so I can pretty much read that. Spanish can be easy as a lot of words are close to tagalog or cebuano. I guess its status quo. Thanks guys

chip104:
Dr. Bill! welcome to the PPD! We can teach you some nice terms which will make aubrey miles swooning all over you! :wink:

Boy am I ready! Initially I thought Filipino women were not as attractive as some other Asians based, admittedly, on the one woman I thought I knew from there. Then I met a real Filipino lady and she knocked my socks off. Turns out the first one wasn't Filipino at all!

Oops, are we supposed to be talking about diving here? Sigh, I just can't help myself... a beautiful Asian woman always turns my head (especially if she is a diver dressed in neoprene!).

Oops again, I should have posted this in Tagalog!

paolov:
Sie sind willkommen (you're welcome)

okey lang !!!

mamangkot ka diri (visaya- just ask here)

next time don't leave office early. ehehehhehehe

Haha. Actually your "youre welcome" says you are welcome like welcome to our country.

And thats not bisaya its ilonggo. Nangutana ka dinhi is bisaya.

Ok guys let me work for 30 minutes. Ill be back

Sa umaabot nga adlaw kon tudluan ko sa akong asawa, hinaut nga makasulti ko'g binisaya. :D

we have a NON-Diving thread in PPD. check it out. there anything goes !!!

drbill:
Boy am I ready! Initially I thought Filipino women were not as attractive as some other Asians based, admittedly, on the one woman I thought I knew from there. Then I met a real Filipino lady and she knocked my socks off. Turns out the first one wasn't Filipino at all!

Oops, are we supposed to be talking about diving here? Sigh, I just can't help myself... a beautiful Asian woman always turns my head (especially if she is a diver dressed in neoprene!).

Oops again, I should have posted this in Tagalog!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom