Oceanic Delta 4 vs. Sherwood Maximus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Maximus has a balanced 1st with a primary air channel to boost the IP under demand. 2nd stage has 2 adjustments , really only one. I like a reg that is low maitance and care free

The maximus is one of the most comfortable regs I have ever used. The Sherwood 1st stages are, as said before, basiclly bulletproof, and when I say bulletproof I mean you could practically shoot one with a bullet and it would breath fine (okay maybe not, but its a very solid reg.) Also the maximus will work great for warm water.
Sorry I can't say anything about the Oceanic, not familar with it.

I have a Maximus and a Oceanic Delta 4....and for me--the Delta breaths MUCH easier (even though they are both adjustable.).

My Sherwood has withstood the test of time--and sometimes lack of care--but it takes a lickin' and keeps on giving me air!! When Im doing photography work, I also like the extended manifold to keep the the bubbles out of my face.

Ive only had my Delta 4 with the FDX10 for 6 months or so---but I can tell you Im very impressed!

Find the one that "fits" you the best--and Im sure you'll be happy with either!

My wife and I both dive the Maximus and are very happy with them. I also have a friend who just bought one and is also very happy with it. We have used them in water as cold as 52 degrees and as warm as 84 degrees with no problems. I have only had it to about 78 fow but I felt that it as easy to breathe there as on the surface. I also like the hose routing under the arm instead of over the shoulder.
Good luck in choosing.

Either will work great but I would have to go for the Delta 4, great reg. My sister dove only Scuba Pro until she tried mine. She bought one last month!

I agree on your spending plan, you can cut corners on fins and masks but a great reg will make for happy diving.

Back
Top Bottom