What Reg should I buy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two Mares their front zip 5mils and they are excellent - works like a 2 mil with the zip down, 5mil zip up, 7mil with core warmer. I don't have anything else from them. The Frenchies got this one right, IMHO.
Two words - Mares Hub...:rofl3: I'm also wary of the Airtrim...

Some of the mares stuff is okay. I really like my mares plana avanti x3 fins, and the puck computer I have is all right. I hate that the USB cable is $80 though.
I have the Mares Puck wrist computer also, gift from my wife. Serves my needs perfectly and is easy to use but i haven't found a need to compare it to others because it like i say serves my needs perfectly.
I will go to my LDS tomorrow to see what they say about my AL Titon perchase and let you all know how it goes ASAP.

If you don't have your heart set on a NEW regulator, check out the for-sale section here. You can get a screaming deal on a regulator just a few years old. Regs last for decades so a few years is nothing. I just scrolled through the first few pages and found a handful of very good options.

I just posted some of my reasons on my new reg
, the Titan,but regarding the lds, they only showed much higher priced items. I did look at theirs and talked withy them twice but the pricing was too high. With the bcd, the al dimension, they were $ 200 higher. Inreallyndont care abt the al guarantee. I'll just pay if I happen to have to get it fixed after the leisure pro guarantee expires. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 24th, 2014 at 09:25 PM ----------

I'll spread out some purchases between my lds and my instructor who has also given free advice but I had to buy online since the pricing was so much cheaper. I want to keep in touch with them but won't ask them to assemble anything unless I'm also spending some other money with them. And btw, my Titan came assembled and I screwed my ebay octo on myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UPDATE, i actually called the Aqua Lung shop and asked them if they would match Leisure Pro price, thought it was a long shoot but the owner actually said Yes, if it was a like/same item. Great , i get to support my LDS and don't have to wait on an order from elsewhere. The owner said send me a quote, I told them i would come in, i went at lunch hour and they didn't open until later so i called them later and asked if they had what i wanted in stock and they only had the Guage console , Daggit.
I ordered it all from Leisure Pro,it was very easy to deal with them,thanks for all your replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom