Davao Pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's bing's playmate :rofl3:

nope... but she is :eyebrow:
jovy.jpg

@ Kupu: nice shots! Let us know how Gen San is.
Yep, you should try both Davao and Gensan if you have the time...

I have done lots of dives while in Gensan over the past few years...It is a place that suits me. Laid back, and the opportunity to see some places rarely dived.

Some good exploratory dives around Sarangani Bay, around Glan and south of Tinoto. Going far out past the sight of land to find a deep water payao (without a GPS) and following the cable down to 130' (and knowing that cable goes down waaaayy deep) to see what we could find to wrap up the day after diving Bakud Reef close to Kiamba. Several trips down Maitum to dive Luyon(sp?) and Manga Reefs, and a number of other rarely or never dived places a couple of hours south from Gensan, have made for some great memories. I wish dives to these would be easier to arrange, but logistics and other issues make it difficult to arrange dives.

Even so, the normal dive sites closer to Gensan and Paul's place in Tinoto are quite good for me. Maasin Reef has been a favorite, seen sharks, eagle rays, schools of surgeon fish, sometimes excellent vis, and just generally alot of good coral and fish life there. Sandbar can be a great dive when the current is just right, napoleon wrasse, schooling jacks, large gorgonians. The wall all the way down to Rocky Beach has good stuff. Maharlika beach has been a good place for nudibranchs and other muck critters like weedy scorpionfish, saw my first mandarin fish there. And a fair number of other places to check out...

I posted a trip report a while back, might be a few other things mentioned there. I should see what I have for pictures. A CD full of pictures from Gensan got seriously scratched and I lost alot, ugh. Maybe this weekend I will have time to sort out a few to post if I can get a bit time to play...

Sorry for the small pix, I can't figure out how to make the the pictures larger in my post when I insert them from my SB gallery. .

There are directions in the sticky for embedding images - follow the pink link from my signature.

Love the images so far!

Thanks for all the tips, looks like I finally figured out how to post pix here...

05-06-PI--90.jpg

Nudibranch from family Chromodorididae?, haven't found a ID yet. Looking forward to getting Coleman's new Nudibranch Encyclopedia soon, hot off the press. Saw this one night diving around Babusanta.

Davao-2007-194.jpg

Chromodoris willani, spotted on Cemetary Wall.

@bing, thanks for posting some of your shots! I like 'em.

took this one yesterday... scared the beejezus outta me

2336191408_973539e830_o.jpg

coral garden. talikud samal.
dude i've almost impaled myself on those things TWICE!

i hate it when i'm moving back and find out BOOM it was just under me! say a little prayer of thanks to the big DM in the sky everytime...

Jag

close call jag... hear it's excruciatingly painful to be stung by one. ouch!

@dustin, love the nudes. thanks for letting me "singit" on your thread. just trying to get davao on he map :D nudes + davao hmmm.... :eyebrow:

this is so cool
where is this?

Back
Top Bottom