fins style

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You go by the spring size that matches your boot size- Drysuit or wet suit.

JPBECK:
You go by the spring size that matches your boot size- Drysuit or wet suit.

cool....a couple more questions here: how does the clamp secure to the fin post and how secure is the connection?

Also, how comfortable are spring straps: do you feel the spring digging into the back of your boot?

And, finally, does the strap hold the fin securely on your foot, even under hard finning?

Thanks again...

Now I dont know how it would attach to your fin that would be something you would have to figgure out if you were to make them yourself- I know manufactures have a way of doing it- When I made some for my Atomics I just bought a SS hook and Bent it over the little nobby nub on the fins themselves- then I heat shrunk a wrap around the hook- I am sure the manufactures have a better way of doing it- I just had some time to kill and some extra spring-

Now on my Jet fins I cut a piece of Dilrin drilled a pin size hole down the middle and a sring sized hole along the side. there are instructions on the net on how to do it. Better than I can explain here.

The springs dont dig and they stay tight in any current you can muster up from Posiedon himself.

I have the Dacor Tigers, which I believe have the same buckle as the Volos. It works perfectly well, but it is still nowhere as easy to use as the clasp on the Atomics. The Volos clamp is also difficult to use with gloves on.

I hated the clasp on the Atomic's- Different Strokes and all

Boogie711 is a board member who makes them. Check his site, they're only a couple bucks over the cost to make them. I opted to go this route cause it wasn't worth my time to hunt down all the parts for the few bucks I'd save.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/chatterton/

The strap is a spring, it fits everything, just stretch it further for bigger feet.

Bastar* doesnt make them for Jet Fins Though! I said wow when I saw how he attaches the spring to the fin- Very Cleaver!

Joe, if you want great quality spring straps for Jet Fins, try these guys spring-straps.com I got mine from them on e-bay for a little less than they sell on thier website, but it's still a great price and a lot less than $70.
JPBECK:
Bastar* doesnt make them for Jet Fins Though! I said wow when I saw how he attaches the spring to the fin- Very Cleaver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom