fins style

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure you buy the right size. There are several sizes of spring straps out there. You can buy ones that are two big, which will cause your fins to be loose, and ones that are two small, which will cause the spring to be overstretched or close to it when you're wearing them.

Once you've tried springstraps, you'll never even think of owning those crappy rubber things with buckles again...

I gotta tell you I am currently back to using my Jets with these awesome new Apollo C Straps (springs) (GREAT system but pricey) At times though I miss the effortlessness of my Oceanic V12's. I have very stong legs and it's no bigge to kick with Jets but the V12's were just so easy! I've had them on in serious currents in The Carmel Pinnacles and they worked above satisfactoy. I was moving but I think it just felt like I wasn't...ya know? Not many people talk about those fins I feel they are very underrated. As mentioned before though, on the surface you will smoke with Jets! All the splits I have used kinda lag on the surface.

I opted for blue Mares Volos, and they've never let me down yet. I also went the spring strap route, mostly because 90% of my dives are shore dives, so anything to quicken the fin on/off routine is a good thing.

Twin Speed has anyone heard of the twin speed by scubapro ? anyone that says that split fins are so soft and not good for anything but flutter kicking should try a pair. i know i love mine, and they are very fast.

I made my sprig straps a couple years before anyone was selling them... I pust a piece of Tuna Line throught the sring so that the spring cant over stretch--- still going!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom