Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a pair of spandex shorts on amazon a while back.

Traditionally, I have worn my kilt to the dive site. When it gets time to don my gear, the shorts go on, kilt off, and then don the wetsuit as soon as possible =)

If you have to change in public I like the long "speedo" type suits. They won't bunch up. I wear a regular bathing suit over the top and when it's time to suit up slip it off and right into the wetsuit, pretty discreet and very comfortable and simple.

Ditto to that. And don't forget the importance of not having a panty line.

Do you pee in your wetsuit?

Proudly, yes.

I wear a "speedo" under my wetsuit. It makes it a lot easier to get in and out of the wetsuit, and it doesn't bunch up underneath. When I'm on a dive boat, I'll put my boardshorts on over my speedo, so I'm not showing off the banana hammock topside.

I do this, except instead of a traditional speedo, I've opted for the short, square leg trainer-type. Not quite as, ahem, bare, for those of us not accustomed to wearing speedos for anything other than diving. And it's not as long in the leg as the jammers so it can't ride up at all. But, yeah, I definitely put on the board shorts over that between dives so as not to be "that guy" on the boat.
I actually use this one from TYR: Tyr square leg trainer suit

And don't forget the importance of not having a panty line.

:confused: Dear God, as a man, I hope I've not ever had a panty line problem!

If you have to change in public I like the long "speedo" type suits. They won't bunch up. I wear a regular bathing suit over the top and when it's time to suit up slip it off and right into the wetsuit, pretty discreet and very comfortable and simple.

Me, too. Good for slipping into the wetsuit, and a little modesty once you get out.

156 posts. impressive.

patagonia baggies or columbia water shorts are where it's at

We American's commit so many sins of fashion and conscience that I hesitate to throw stones. But as a public service announcement, I would like to welcome you Europeans to Palau, but respectfully request you observe the local customs and wear board shorts et al.

Exhibit A, from a very recent dive with some Russians:

russians2.jpg

Please, don't be those guys.

Thank you, that is all.

HAHA .. thats SO Russian !

Thats basically how all russian wear their trunks in the med!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom