How do you carry accessories?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Irikonji used that style of pocket (horizontally) on their shorts...

Too rich for my blood, even if they were still available. $8 for a belt pouch works for me. :)

I do some solo diving and therefore carry several items for safety/redundancy. I find that the pockets in the BC (Zeagle Stiletto) are not large enough to pack all the items. I carry several cutting devices including a knife, scissors, and a line cutter, SMB, finger reel, extra dive mask, two flashlights, a camera, and sling a pony.

I'm just curious how other arrange their accessory gear.
I use a BP/W, so I don't have any pockets on my BCD. I still manage to carry all my gear pretty easily.

Knives: one on the inside of my left calf, one on the waistband.
Trilobite: left shoulder strap below the D-ring.
dSMB with spool, and roll-up snorkel: suit pockets. I could probably stuff an extra mask and a set of wetnotes into the pockets as well.
Main light: soft Goodman on my left hand
Backup light: boltsnapped to my right shoulder D-ring, secured with bike tube rings
Camera: tethered to my left hip D-ring, boltsnapped to my left shoulder D-ring when I don't want to carry it in my hands.

I don't carry a pony, but if I were I'd probably carry it the way the tech folks carry their stages or deco tanks.

If I didn't have suit pockets, I'd probably stuff the snorkel under the knife straps and clip the rigged dSMB to a D-ring somewhere.

If you dive a BPW, the mesh pouch that attaches to the bottom of the plate works great for storing your SMB/DSMB. Easy to access, totally out of the way, no dangling, can hold large SMB.

All great ideas. Consider spare light with lanyard around right wrist and light tucked back under computer straps. Knife same way with compass on left wrist. Out of the way. Pre tethered. Easy access without worry of dropping. (Computer and compass using bungee style straps)

I like to keep everything clipped to the D-rings. everything that is able to be clipped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom