How Much More Will You Spend at Your LDS?

Whats the most extra you'll pay and still buy at the LDS?

• I won't pay a cent more than I can get it for online.

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • 20% more

Votes: 64 59.3%
  • 50% more

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I'll pay double to shop at the LDS

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I love my LDS and I'll pay triple the online price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll buy from the LDS no matter what it costs!

Votes: 13 12.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I shop with whoever gives me the best deal. That said, the best deal isn't always about price. That said, most of the LDS's in the NYC area charge way too much...MSRP is for chumps.:wink:

I checked 20%, but it really does depend on the price of the item. For inexpensive things, I hardly ever even check what the difference is. For expensive items, I might only go 10%. But I ALWAYS give the shop the opportunity to bid. I like my LDS.

Most things that I'm going to need serviced I buy from my LDS, their prices aren't too much over what I can get online and I know I'll get the manufacturer's warranty. I know I will also have an advocate should I have to deal with a warranty issue. I get good service and I have no complaints.

My odds and ends I pretty much buy online and my LDS knows it. They aren't stupid. But I think it's important to support them because they help me maintain my equipment so I can keep diving.

I like my LDS. I don't like their pricing. I don't buy much from them, but have spent maybe 1.5K in training, air fills, and small stuff over the past three years. That's more than I spend in a LOT of stores, so they do get my business.

Do I pay MSRP for anything? :rofl3: :rofl3:

I have several to chose from in my area, the fact is there is only one I really get along with. I never question price, after all if I did then whats the point. They have been in business for a long time and they know what it takes to keep a business going and they go above and beyond gettting to know there customers.

I bought everything, with the exception of my 7mm from my LDS. They beat 'net pricing on nearly everything. As a package, I came out ahead of 'net pricing by 15%.

The only reason I bought my 7mm online is my LDS doesn't carry the brand I wanted. :)

For the sake of the poll 20% is an easy number to buy into.

In some cases I would consider going higher if they earned it by virtue of having something expensive and fit critical on hand in my size when I needed it.

Pete

i put 20% more but it all depends on the total price. if the difference is $40-50 no matter what's the final price is i would seriously consider online stores.

CFDAlden:
I bought everything, with the exception of my 7mm from my LDS. They beat 'net pricing on nearly everything. As a package, I came out ahead of 'net pricing by 15%.

what store is that???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom