Padi Ecard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahaha sorry, but those 37 Dollars are beyond funny. They virtually have no work, since all our data is saved in electronic form already. I mean hell, you even need to log in during the process... So it's there on their servers. The app just will confirm that you do have the Openwater/Advanced etc... So here is a funny thought: Lets say I actually go on holidays and want to dive. I arrive at the diving center, and OH NO I FORGOT/LOST MY CARD! What to do!? if only I had an ecard and the app on my phone. Waitaminute... I do have a phone... you know what Mr Dive Center, have a look at this. ==> go to "get ecard" website. The form comes up where you have to enter your name and birthday and select your entry. ==> you get an overview of all the Padi Courses you have done/certified. DONE. Show the dive center an ID, and you just did, what this app is supposed to do for free. Padi is really disgusting me with this obvious grab for money....

And of course if it's a PADI shop, they can just look up the card -- but i scanned my card front & back into my phone into the dive log. A replacement driver's license costs less than they are charging..

PADI was good in that it quickly and cheaply got me the c-cards (OW, AOW, and EAN) I needed to do the dives I wanted to do. And those were the last dollars they'll see from me.

I think this is ridiculous they are A) even charging for this, and B) Not only charging but GOUGING their members for an E-card.

And besides. Since dive shops can just look you up anyway, what's the point?!

I just got back into diving after a 7-year hiatus. I could only find my open water card, couldn't find my other ones, up to Rescue diver and Nitrox cert. So I had heard you can get them online and they want $42 A PIECE?! $54 each to have them mailed?! I could see paying $5, or even (ouch) $10. But that is absolutely outrageous.

VERY disappointed. Absolutely ridiculous. And completely unnecessary. Dive shops will just have to look me up and look at my dive log. Gives me a very bad taste in my mouth to even consider continuing PADI certifications.

When I became a DM, the photo I submitted to PADI looked like a mug shot, so I made a t-shirt out of it that said "Do what your divemaster tells you!!!" with my PADI number. Sure it is out of date now that I'm an instructor, but it works great when traveling!

Attachments

• do.JPG
    do.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 75
I like the sales pitch: "Now you can show off on the dive boat with all your certifications in one place..."

Because that's something I've always wanted to do: announce to everyone on a dive boat all my certifications, show them all my cards, and impress on them my superior status. Now PADI makes that much easier!

smiley-rpg027.gif
Zombie Thread!!!!

anyhow, too funny, NAUI has a "diver look-up" for free.....

SDI/TDI also has a simple online lookup. Do a screen grab with your phone and TA DA you now have an electronic copy on your phone for FREE!

I'm sending PADI a stool sample; they will log the DNA, give me a unique number, and then I can quote the unique number at any PADI certified dive shops when required. Please join me in sending PADI your stool sample.

:wink:

GJS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom