The future of this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
Maybe only the non-DIR divers can see it? :D
hmmmmmmm...never thought of that. You could be right.

wb416:
In fairness, anyone new to DIR wants to learn by discussing it, not having to read FAQ's. They want the same opportunity that others before them had. Hopefully folks will step up to the plate to help answer questions in a useful fashion.

Like others, years ago I eagerly answered questions for a period, and then succumbed to "burnout". Now I just want to have fun diving! :D

Hopefully, there's a fresh supply of divers willing to answer questions for the next generation of people asking questions.

I certainly agree. Certain questions need to be answered/discussed again and again. People enter this forum when they are interested and leave when it no longer suits their needs and/or they burn out. We need to just recognize that's how it works.

do it easy:
Maybe only the non-DIR divers can see it? :D
Probably ... I can see it quite nicely ... :dork2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I can see it...is that a problem?

Can someone point me towards the DIR section of this board. . . I really wish there was a banner or something to tell me where it was. . . maybe a hammer to jump out and hit me. . . . Just like in the Women's Diving forum. . .

:popcorn:

rjack321:
I certainly agree. Certain questions need to be answered/discussed again and again. People enter this forum when they are interested and leave when it no longer suits their needs and/or they burn out. We need to just recognize that's how it works.

I can tell ya from experience over on Compuserve back in the mid 90's. I was a forum moderator, and you just get tired of it after awhile. There are plenty of knowledgable folks here that can answer questions of inquisitive divers. It is just going to be answer and reanswering the same questions.

Just need some of you DIR people to take the bull by the horns.

And yes, I think only non-DIR people can see the banner because I can....

I see the banner at the top of the page, but I don't get anything near the reply field.

When you only look at new posts, you don't always go to the top of a page. If that's the banner we are talking about, you might want to either move it or put a second one near the reply text box. (Quick reply and/or regular reply.)

John

depending if I 'go back' or start a new browser, I can see it and make it disappear. Does this mean I can electively be (non) DIR? Is that even possible? The thougt alone makes my head spin.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom