What do you collect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bells
Ice skating pins (from competing precision teams)
X-Files merchandise
Books: Terry Pratchett (4 signed), Christopher Moore (8 signed), Chuck Palahniuk, Neil Gaiman
Weapons (1 normal gun, 1 200 year old Afghan rifle, 1 150 year old colt revolver, 1 70 year old guard's gun, 1 150 year old dueling pistol, 5 sets of nunchaku (4 wood, 1 foam), 3 throwing knives, 5 throwing stars, 1 sword, 1 battleaxe, 2 sais, 1 dagger, 1 genuine Swiss Army Knife that was white until I was 12 and jumped off a boat, forgetting it was in my pocket with a medication that dyed it a permanent banana yellow. Sigh.)
Leftover trolls from an *extensive* collection in the mid 80s. I keep finding those creepy things in the weirdest places. I swear, they hide in the Christmas decorations reproducing so they'll still be a breeding population every year.

Ishie

Ishie:
Weapons (1 normal gun, 1 200 year old Afghan rifle, 1 150 year old colt revolver, 1 70 year old guard's gun, 1 150 year old dueling pistol, 5 sets of nunchaku (4 wood, 1 foam), 3 throwing knives, 5 throwing stars, 1 sword, 1 battleaxe, 2 sais, 1 dagger, 1 genuine Swiss Army Knife that was white until I was 12 and jumped off a boat, forgetting it was in my pocket with a medication that dyed it a permanent banana yellow. Sigh.)
Leftover trolls from an *extensive* collection in the mid 80s. I keep finding those creepy things in the weirdest places. I swear, they hide in the Christmas decorations reproducing so they'll still be a breeding population every year.

Ishie
Remind me not to make fun of you for having trolls, i dont want my backside whooped with your arsenal! :wink:

I also have a great lint trap of hair around my belly button, makes for a good collection every day!

Well, let’s see

Guns and knives? Hmm, not yet.

Passwords? Oh yeah baby. What’s up with that?

Ex girlfriends? No way, I would never want more than two of those in the same room - again!

Bottles of fun stuff! Yeah that’s it. Well, but then again maybe not. Because for some reason I keep collecting them but I never have any more of them. WTF??!!

Okay, then it has got to be obsolete ski equipment-since it only takes like two seasons for the stuff to need carbon dating.

Oh, and also obsolete Hard disk drives – same reason as above

Vehicles – because I simply must.

Oh, and dust bunnies, definitely dust bunnies. They're collecting faster than I can kill 'em.

DeepDog :cheers:

Oh, and of course a few bones buried out back.

I collect bills.....not on purpose, though.

Seriously, I collect foreign money, fridge magnets. and now I have a new collection of Riddell pocket-sized mini football helmets (Big 12, Big East, ACC, Big 10 and Pac 10 so far).

SueMermaid:
Dust. I plan to start collecting husbands. And money. Not necessarily in that order.
These two can be collected together...:D

I collect PIN numbers - similar to the passwords - too many of them ;P
Seriously - I collect antique furnitures, gadgets, photos, paintings and stuff that is at least 70 years old.
Mania

dlndavid:
Outside of collecting great amounts of dive equipment and related stuff, do you collect anything?

Avid collector of Cigarette Cards. Maybe too avid according to Mrs H. :wink:

simbrooks:
Remind me not to make fun of you for having trolls, i dont want my backside whooped with your arsenal! :wink:

LOL. I can't get rid of them all!! Every time I think I have, I open some box, and boom! More of them.

Except for the working gun and sais, I'm more of a danger to myself with the arsenal. While trying to mount the sword, I dropped it and quick reflexes were the only thing that kept me from losing a foot, and I've given myself so many lumps with the wood nunchucks, I've lost count... Even if I were trying to be big and bad with the two weapons I'm good at using, changes are my big scary 85 lb dog would trip me in his efforts to hide behind me. I'm hoping the arsenal and dog are a *visual* deterrant. You know, scary killer breaks into my apartment, sees my collection, hears the dog, and thinks I'm some big psycho guy stockpiling for the Apocalypse. Then he runs to try and escape, trips over my haphazardly arranged dive gear, slamming his head into the tank and partially impaling himself on my ancient dive knife, and screaming, stumbles off into the night never to be heard from again... at least that's how I see it...

simbrooks:
I also have a great lint trap of hair around my belly button, makes for a good collection every day!

You should let it build up for a while, evenly distribute it, and use it for another layer of insulation under your wetsuit. :wink: Feels so natural...

I collect things I find scuba diving - Native American points, beads, tools....Colonial and Civil War era bottles, ceramics, ordnance, buttons, bullets, buckles....also fossils (shark teeth / megaladon). (Don't buy any of it - find it or trade stuff I've found - but not too much of that).

non-scuba - shot glasses from places I've been - Normandy, Holland, Belgium, Paris, Mexico, Caribbean, Canada, various states and places (got a cool one from SOUTH FORK ranch).

antique cameras (box and bellows type)

mania:
These two can be collected together...:D

I collect PIN numbers - similar to the passwords - too many of them ;P
Seriously - I collect antique furnitures, gadgets, photos, paintings and stuff that is at least 70 years old.
Mania

I hope the pin numbers are your own. :wink:

And if you collect 70 year old husbands, you might get the money sooner. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom