Why Sling to The Left?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer:
Throw that baby on your wrist and you'll be good to go.

How do you mount the 'pony' on your wrist?? :eyebrow:

I thank you for your ideas and suggestions. I just finished a dive a few min ago with the pony on the right for a trial.

I was diving alone just for a gear test and this was what I was using:

MK25/S600 Yoke (standard sc hose length) &
a Suunto cobra on a
80 cuft al cylinder

MK17/R190 DIN (36 inch hose) &
a small pony gauge on a
19 cuft steel hp tank

Scubapro Nighthawk BCD w/ Air 2
5 lbs in each rear trim pocket
12lbs in left integrated pocket
4lbs in right integrated pocket

7mm 2 piece Henderson Hyperstretch with 7mm hood, 7mm boots, and 7mm gloves with 1.5lb ankle weights and my yellow Scubapro Twin Jets.

I did not have a backup mask this time or anything else like 7ft hoses, snorkle, or a DPV

My conclusions were:

I much prefered this dive with the pony on my right and was able to do a drill with deploying my pony second stage, open/close valve, and read my to small pony gauge.

My weight was much closer this time than my last dive where I slung to the left so I intend to do another dive with different weight distribution and the pony on the left just to make comparision equal. I also feel that I should take about 1 lb (or less) from the heavy side and put on the pony side cause I did feel a very slight pull when not moving.

All in all I liked the feeling of the pony on the right and my computer and inflator (or air 2) on the left.

Thanks again for the help and I appoligize for making another pony thread that ended up with someones opinion being bashed.

Ben_ca:
Sir,
No need to berate or talk down to Jason. I think we can all be adults and discuss things without talking down to him.

Respectfully,

Ben

Since I was asked what I "believe" therefore I replied exactly with what I indeed believe. Had he not appended his superfluous comment, I would have had no occasion.

99% of what most novices do is because they were told or taught to do it. The point of my original reply to his original post was precisely thus.

Once I mute someone they stay muted. That is the beauty of the ignor feature. It keeps one out of trouble with the mod squad. And it deletes future superfluous comments.

texdiveguy:
How do you mount the 'pony' on your wrist?? :eyebrow:

Bungees, sort of like door gunners on a UH60 Blackhawk. :bigun2:

Tim Greaves:
???? An AIR2 is an octo and the pony is a redundant air supply.. Both are necessary..

Lets see.....

Your diving (say at 110') and for a tottally unknown reason your primary cylinder hits 0 to 10 psi. Hhen you reach for your safe-second (Air2) how many breaths do you get as opposed to grabbing the regulator for the pony?

muddiver:
Lets see.....

Your diving (say at 110') and for a tottally unknown reason your primary cylinder hits 0 to 10 psi. Hhen you reach for your safe-second (Air2) how many breaths do you get as opposed to grabbing the regulator for the pony?

Suppose your primary reg fails in the closed position.. Or starts flooding..

Rainer:
Throw that baby on your wrist and you'll be good to go.

I have one on my wrist and an air-intergrated one on my side.. Nothing like redundant computers..

Back
Top Bottom