Din Conversion of tanks/regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm hoping to get a quick answer to a PST question from all of the tank experts on this board.

My understading is that:

All of the PST E-Series tanks ship with a din /Yoke convertable valve. Is it a 200 bar or 300 bar din. All of the pluggable valves I have seen on OMS and Faber tanks were 200 bar because the tanks were low pressure. If this is the case, then does the 200 bar have enough threads for the 3442 working pressure.

Or are the valves 300 bar/Yoke convertable. Which I didn't know existed.

Also where does the regulation/recomendation concerning psi and the type of connection originate.

Thanks

Paul

oops

I did a search looking for the answer to my question and I didn't realize the post I jumped on to was under regs, I probably should have posted in tanks.

Paul

pgdive:
I'm hoping to get a quick answer to a PST question from all of the tank experts on this board.

My understading is that:

All of the PST E-Series tanks ship with a din /Yoke convertable valve. Is it a 200 bar or 300 bar din. All of the pluggable valves I have seen on OMS and Faber tanks were 200 bar because the tanks were low pressure. If this is the case, then does the 200 bar have enough threads for the 3442 working pressure.

Or are the valves 300 bar/Yoke convertable. Which I didn't know existed.

Also where does the regulation/recomendation concerning psi and the type of connection originate.

Thanks

Paul

I *think* they are 200 bar (but I am not 100% certain)
The valves that I have claim they are certified to 3442 PSI @ 70 degrees F
(and they have the yoke/DIN "donut" converter) However I have had stores that (Sport Chalet) that refused to fill to 3400 with the yoke donut in place

Back
Top Bottom