? for Venture wing users (did the search)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only downside I've found is water can get trapped between the inner and outer bladder, but that's solved by inflating it all the way before you get out of the water.

I used mine at work all summer, logged over 100 saltwater dives on it and probably 500 hours in the sun on the boat, still looks brand new, works like it too.

Ben

The Kracken:
Is there a question here????

I assume you're asking for experiences with the Dive-Rite "Venture" wing.

I love mine !! When I started off with the back plate/wing, I used the wing from my Zeagle "Tech". Needless to say, 65# was waaaay too much lift and material for a single.

Even with the weight required to get down with my 6.5 farmer john/jacket, the Venture wing provides ample buoyancy and is very streamlined.

If you purchase one from Dive-Rite Express, you can get a shorter inflation hoses installed for no additional charge. You can also opt to have the 90 degree dump valve replaced with a solid 90 degree elbow for about $8.00.

Leisure-Pro has a great buy on them right now. About $180 if I remember correctly.

Buy one, you'll like it.

What length corrugated hose do you use on your Venture wing?? 12"????

Yeah, I use the 12".

I'm 5'8" / 160# and it hits my left shoulder strap right at the D-ring.
It's much easier than dumping the standard length deflator and it doesn't flop around all over the place when I'm diving. Needless to say, I have a piece of bungie cord that secures it in place when not in use.

Thanks for all the advice (and telling me what I wanted to here). I went through four of them before I finally bought the best-finished outer shell with a small puncture in the bladder for $150.00/no tax. The finish of the other three was such that I asked the guy if they were seconds. The ones I didn't buy were "crimped" by the outer shell in the upper right hand (no dump) corner. When I felt the bladder, I noticed that it was crimped or bunched up on its own but I figured I was just being a scared little girl (no offense to scared little girls) and bought it on reccomendations and reputation. Now, what is the optimal way to repair a small puncture in the (urethane?) bladder? Thanks. Oh yeah, re advice about non-drainage;
is there any reason not to put in a drain in the form of a small grommet?

There are 2 drain grommets in the ventue wing, one on each side.

Bottom corners on the inside (the side to the back plate).

The Kracken:
Bottom corners on the inside (the side to the back plate).

Nope. No grommets. Any suggestions on best way to patch small puncture. (I know,
take it back).

You got a Dive-Rite "Venture" wing, right?
On the very bottom of the nylon shell there should be 2 stainless steel grommets inserted into the cover for water drainage.
If they are not there, take it back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom