How Miflex HP ruined my dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen the plastic braid fray, making little sharp bits.

The best thing to do with a miflex is to place it firmly in the trash.

I've seen the plastic braid fray, making little sharp bits.

The best thing to do with a miflex is to place it firmly in the trash.

My MK25's are at quite a steep angle to achieve head clearance. Due to the angle, the regular rubber hose blistered within 50 dives.

So my instructor recommended a LP Myflex on the backup reg for greater flexibility. It has had no issue in over 200+ dives and counting...

Doesn't mean that it won't... but it hasn't...

I think a lot of the blistering has to do with the manufacturer of the hose. I use mk25s as well, and angle each one the same way (mirror image, of course). My backup reg has never blistered (ever), but the last inflater hose I had on there did.

That said, the hose never leaked, and I dived the hell out of it just to see what would happen. I retired it just last week because the rubber actually tore around the inflater coupling thing.

I think a lot of the blistering has to do with the manufacturer of the hose. I use mk25s as well, and angle each one the same way (mirror image, of course). My backup reg has never blistered (ever), but the last inflater hose I had on there did.

That said, the hose never leaked, and I dived the hell out of it just to see what would happen. I retired it just last week because the rubber actually tore around the inflater coupling thing.

if you dove thinner diameter tanks you would maybe have the head clearance issues she's talking about though

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom