How Miflex HP ruined my dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are those Miflex hoses? Or (I'm guessing) another brand. If they are another brand, do they have the "super flexible" claim to fame that the Miflex-type have? Or are they supposed to compare to regular rubber ones for flex but just be tougher?

Kevlar is a sort of gold/yellow color, btw.

They're some other brand. They're about half the thickness of a standard inflation hose:

P1020317.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what the HP hose that comes with the Atomic Cobalt computer is made off?

The manual says, "The Cobalt is supplied with a lightweight, small diameter high pressure hose that is both flexible and highly durable(maximum 5000 psi (344 Bar) working pressure). The smooth outer covering is UV resistant and will not abrade or collect sand or debris."

Any more info out there?

Zeagle Eagle, I looked at the photos of the product, and the hose looks similar to the photo I posted.

At any rate, the reason I was asking was I was looking for a method to route my hoses in front of the wing, as I was using a short 22" hose initially which caused uneven inflation of the wing. I was initially looking for a more pliable hose to help route the SPG on my twinset better to reduce this, but in the end, I went with a slightly longer one (24").

Still, curious as to the long-term durability of this kevlar hose, as I've bought several for my other rigs as well.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom