New BP/W: Halycon or DSS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To Infinity And Beyond!!!

HalcyonInfiniti003.jpg

:vomit:

I was in I similar situation earlier this year. I went with dss. Tobin was fantastic and spent the time to make sure I ordered the right thing for me and the diving I do. You won't go wrong with dss.

I think it's standard for all H wings,

10-Eclipse-System_c400.jpg

They've got poodle tails now. Interesting how H used to preach bout minimalistic gear, less is more, blunt knives, entanglement hazards, etc, etc.

Now it's padding, plastic butt strap adjustments, tails on dump valves. Either padi rubbed off on them or they're getting soft.

SangP

The knob on the dump valve is required by EU safety standards. Easy to untie the knot and just remove it ya' know.

None of the buckles or triglides on the crotch strap - or elsewhere - are made of plastic.

Remove the padding and all you have is an adjustable HOG harness with continuous webbing.

Henrik

I think it's standard for all H wings,

10-Eclipse-System_c400.jpg

They've got poodle tails now. Interesting how H used to preach bout minimalistic gear, less is more, blunt knives, entanglement hazards, etc, etc.

Now it's padding, plastic butt strap adjustments, tails on dump valves. Either padi rubbed off on them or they're getting soft.

SangP
This is a picture of the Eclipse. Like HenrikBP said, there's no plastic used for adjusting anything. And that "padding" you see on the BP is not padding, it's a storage compartment. Believe me, that thing offers no padding.

I think the model you're looking to try and make fun of is their new recreational model, the Infinity.

I notice that there is no quick releases on the rigs pictured. It seems like it would be a PITA to remove/replace in water. Curious to know what you do in case of emergency.

I did try to get a picture of the infinity but the knob was not visible on their pics. And I know bout the back pack, I've own an eclipse for more than 5 years... :rolleyes:

SangP

I notice that there is no quick releases on the rigs pictured. It seems like it would be a PITA to remove/replace in water. Curious to know what you do in case of emergency.

Not sure if you mean removing it from yourself, or removing it from another diver (in a rescue scenario), or what you're comparing it to. Any way, it's quite easy. Chicken wing or cut if you need to

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom