I Hurt Myself Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I almost wrote...your poor doctor...until I realized how many of his children you have likely put through college. :)

Enjoy the therapy Mary...or at least make the most of it. Bring margaritas to every session...that will spice it up a bit.

Sorry, I just cannot help resurrecting this thread!! Okay...if you read the first post it was about me hurting my hand in Cozumel. Well, dang it...my hand is still very sore, tender, swollen and evil.

Tonight I had to perform CPR in the Trauma unit. For that job it went fine,, well sort of...patient is in blue sky now, but through no fault of my own. However, if I needed to open a bottle of Pepto Bismol...well forget it.

But, I am better off than 99% of the patients coming through the ER. One guy's knee jumped up and attacked his chain saw. Ouch!

Okay..so lets make this about Cozumel. Can American nurses practice medicine in Cozumel? Does any one know?

Sallye...you must be getting sad having to pack up your home away from home at Villa Aldora to get back to land and shedding your mermaid persona. Do you have gills now?

And where are the graffitti artists to liven up this thread? Thanks Letterboy for hanging in there!

Okay..so lets make this about Cozumel. Can American nurses practice medicine in Cozumel? Does any one know?

Mary- This website is run by an ex-pat living in COZ. I have learned a lot on what it takes to live in COZ. cozumelmycozumel.com discussion forum - Board Main - Forum listings

it is very difficult for Americans to get employment there.

Jean in MO
ok this IS my last post for this thread!

Mary- This website is run by an ex-pat living in COZ. I have learned a lot on what it takes to live in COZ. cozumelmycozumel.com discussion forum - Board Main - Forum listings

it is very difficult for Americans to get employment there.

Jean in MO
ok this IS my last post for this thread!
Jean...say it ain't so!!

Alright, I leave it to your best judgement. Thank you for your link.

I wonder how Dr. Richard on Playa gets around the issues?

I will have to contact him.

Jean...say it ain't so!!

Alright, I leave it to your best judgement. Thank you for your link.

I wonder how Dr. Richard on Playa gets around the issues?

I will have to contact him.
Not always easy, but there's always a way.... and I think that the amount of difficulty to getting work and residency visas also varies based on what what you're doing, who is sponsoring you, etc.

I don't have personal experience doing this in Mexico, but elsewhere my employer had to fill out paperwork stating they weren't able to find an better qualified citizen or work-eligible legal resident to fill the position.

Your trauma and ER nursing should be a big plus for you. I would guess fluent Spanish will be a requirement and any other language would be a bonus too. You might not get into a hospital, but maybe a doctor or clinic who gets lots of tourists and ex-pats could be a possibility. In Cozumel or Playa, having some dive medicine training or being a chamber tech would also be a huge plus. Tropical diseases could be good too.

If it's something you really want to do then go for it!!!! Start doing some networking to get connected with people in the medical community there and find out from them what your best options are for making it happen. Might not happen instantly but don't give up. :)

Not always easy, but there's always a way.... and I think that the amount of difficulty to getting work and residency visas also varies based on what what you're doing, who is sponsoring you, etc.

I don't have personal experience doing this in Mexico, but elsewhere my employer had to fill out paperwork stating they weren't able to find an better qualified citizen or work-eligible legal resident to fill the position.

Your trauma and ER nursing should be a big plus for you. I would guess fluent Spanish will be a requirement and any other language would be a bonus too. You might not get into a hospital, but maybe a doctor or clinic who gets lots of tourists and ex-pats could be a possibility. In Cozumel or Playa, having some dive medicine training or being a chamber tech would also be a huge plus. Tropical diseases could be good too.

If it's something you really want to do then go for it!!!! Start doing some networking to get connected with people in the medical community there and find out from them what your best options are for making it happen. Might not happen instantly but don't give up. :)

why it's not a requirement here :)

I enjoyed the thread. My opinion is if you don't like the thread, quit reading it and read elsewhere.

Well, that is part of the problem. Complaining about something that they didn't read.

The old proverbial "Judge a book by its cover" or in this case. "Bash a thread by its title"

Oh well...you can't please all the people all the time.

Back
Top Bottom