Meet-n-Greet 2007 April 27-29 at Gilboa who's coming/what you bringing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTJ:
I'm sorry I am going to change the days I can come to only Sunday. My work has changed my schedule. I will still bring food.

I will be there for late Saturday and Sunday only too!!!

IndyScott:
You will up by me.

Stop and say hello

Scott

You live in Nitrox Junkie's neighborhood, don't you? My daughter plays her travel soccer up in Carmel and they have a big tournament the last weekend of April.

Divin'Hoosier:
You live in Nitrox Junkie's neighborhood, don't you? My daughter plays her travel soccer up in Carmel and they have a big tournament the last weekend of April.

Yes I am just one street over.

Scott

bigmak:
Sounds like a good time. What is the water temp like at that time of year. I only have a 5mm 2pc. With no experance I would think it would be to cold and would need a dry suit. May come just to meet others.

Last year my computer said 48 degrees above the thermocline and the usual 41 degrees below it. That's do-able in a 5mm wetsuit with a few tricks we have for staying warm. I had open water students there last year and some of them stayed in the water for over an hour in 7mm suits and said they weren't cold. One was a Canadian though LOL! If your suit fits well you'll be fine if you stick with 20-25 minute dives. Three-finger mitts instead of 5-finger gloves make a lot of difference too. We do have people who dive wet. Some friends and I dove yesterday (water 40 degrees on my computer) and one of them was wet.

Just coming along for the "meet" part is great too, we have LOTS of fun!
Ber :lilbunny:

PS: I'll get the updates done tomorrow, I don't have time tonight.

Color me there at least for Saturday. I'll bring soda, some bottled water & munchies and and probably some real food.

I am planning on being there and hope to have my son there as well. It is way to early to committ for him though as his schedule changes with the wind. I will plan on bringing food, drinks, cooler, grill, pop-up tent, canopy, heater, dive gear for sale, etc.

Not sure on what to bring for food, do you all have a camp fire at these events???

diver_paula:
Aren't you being funny!

I don't do it for a career, but I have been known to come off with one every now and then.

Mitten Diver:
Not sure on what to bring for food, do you all have a camp fire at these events???

Is THAT what they did with that wood I was going to use for shelter building? :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom