New iPad App for divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I am glad to announce that Apple has approved our new iPad App divePAL.
This is the Basic version of divePAL and is available - free - from iTune or from the App store.

divePAL_ipad_main.jpg
divePAL is an App to allow divers to Plan, Analyze and Log their dives.

Thanks to its intuitive graphical interface, divers can easily input the profile of their planned dives: first enter the maximum depth and the maximum dive time for the dive, then select the type of tank you are planning to use and finally, just use your finger to define points of your dive profile. You can easily modify your dive plan by dragging point around in the plot screen.
Note that for the Basic version the maximum depth is 40m/130ft and the maximum time is 60 minutes.
divePAL_ipad_plan2.jpg

Once you are satisfied with your dive profile, you can then analyze it: Tap on any point in the analyze screen to move your dive around along the dive profile curve.
In addition to the dive profile, this screen also contains 4 other - color coded - curves: No Deco Time, Nitrogen Loading, Air Time Remaining and Tank Pressure.
To show/hide a specific curve just tap on its name in the DETAILS window (top / left corner of the screen).
divePAL_ipad_analyze1.jpg

Finally, You can use the divePAL iPad App to either see how your estimated nitrogen loading progresses during a dive, or to see a dive computer in action during a simulated dive.
divePAL iPad App comes with a free, non-branded dive computer; you can use the default dive computer to see how a typical - but limited - dive computer, responds to a dive.
If you want, you can equip divePAL iPad App with a model-specific dive computer.
If you recently enrolled in an online class for a dive computer supported by divePAL iPad App, then such dive computer will automatically become available on divePAL (for a limited time of 30 days since your enrollment in the online class).
You can also equip divePAL iPad App with a model specific dive computer by purchasing it via the In app Purchase button.

This version of the App supports two entry levels dive computers. We plan to add more dive computers - and more features - in future releases.

Enjoy

Alberto (aka eDiver)
P.S.
If you do NOT have an iPad .... then you can use the Windows version of divePAL

In the line you've quoted from Divenav, place the curser over the words "Windows version", & click.

This app should be really helpful. Thanks for the app and much appreciated for putting this for free.
Tell your friends about it and stay tuned for future upgrades ... and give use good ratings on the App store too :wink:

Tell your friends about it and stay tuned for future upgrades ... and give use good ratings on the App store too :wink:

Looks interesting but I will be waiting for the upgrades. Not enough Computers and tank Options. The SAC also needs more options (possably enter your SAC numbers as an option to get a true consumption profile). The three that you have do not give me a true dive profile. I keep running out of air on profiles that I have dove in the past. Also the 60 min dive limit is not long enough.

Just my 2 cents:wink:

First of all, thank you for the feedback.

.....Not enough Computers ....
The Windows version supports 28 model-specific dive computers, and we plan to port them over to the iPad version too. Unfortunantely, due to how the App store works, every time we add a new computer to divePAL iPad we will have to issue a new release .... so this could take some time.

..... Not enough tank Options. .......
In Imperial we have 3 tanks (AL80, HP72 and HP100) and for Metric we have EU-12L (but we are adding 10L, 15L and 18L).
What tank would you like to see?

..... The SAC also needs more options (possibly enter your SAC numbers as an option to get a true consumption profile). The three that you have do not give me a true dive profile. I keep running out of air on profiles that I have dove in the past. .......
We have already added a "Custom" option so you can enter your dive profile. It will become available when we release version 1.2

..... Also the 60 min dive limit is not long enough.....
This is a limitation of the Basic version. See FEATURES

Version 1.1 of divePAL iPad now available on iTunes

This version supports the following dive computers:
- Oceanic: Veo 1.0, Geo 2.0 and Pro Plus 2
- Suunto: Zoop
Fixes and improvements to computer displays and graph analysis view.
Other UI changes and bug fixes.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom