Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a great idea Nicole! Connections to the extention look rock solid :)!

Did you also zip tie the connections to the QR? Those joints look harder to pop.

I think I have pretty much every connection zip tied, just to be safe. At one point (when my norprene tubing was a bit shorter than it is now), I managed to have the tube slide out of the she-p and one of the other connections disconnect as well. Granted, it was likely because the tubing was too short, but at that point, I figured a handful of zip ties was better than risking that again!

Third day diving with the plumbing connected. Zero failures so far :)! Hope I stay lucky! It's wonderful to be able to peee!

I have a Light Monkey P-valve installed on my drysuit. Works fine,.... as long as you remember to open the bolt:blush::shakehead:. Very easy to install. One 1 issue did I have at 1 time with it, was during my cave course, the bolt unscrewed itself (I never used it that dive) & snagged in the guideline a bit, during a line drill. Other than that 1 episode, I've had absolutely no problems. Need to install another in my back- up suit.

I have a Light Monkey P-valve installed on my drysuit. Works fine,.... as long as you remember to open the bolt:blush::shakehead:. Very easy to install. One 1 issue did I have at 1 time with it, was during my cave course, the bolt unscrewed itself (I never used it that dive) & snagged in the guideline a bit, during a line drill. Other than that 1 episode, I've had absolutely no problems. Need to install another in my back- up suit.

Thanks!

I can report improvement in my success rate too. Back from two weeks of cave diving. Dove 12 days, took only 2 rest days from usage and still only had two failures, one minor and one major. This is phenomenally good for me! I think I am finally getting there!

Both failures also occurred after I KNEW I was being sloppy, and in the last three days of use when I was getting in the irritated bits and "I don't care, I can toss the undies" phase (the benefits of driving vs flying, ah!). One was due to seeing the placement was probably too front but because of irritation I did not want to remove and replace. This lead to small back-leak. The second was a major no-no. It was 38F in the morning, trailer was cold, and I did not feel like taking a shower since I took one at bedtime. I know this is a no-no, and I had a full blown accident on the last pee of a 3-dive day. Well, 3 over hour dives climbing out Peacock stairs, pretty darn good still, I say!

I am very very happy as I feel I have turned a corner. 80% success rate and accidents that are not "WTH"-type. I still have to be extremely careful with placement, takes me way longer than buddy to put the She-P on, and I can't do it 'blind' or in a skanky porta potty (especially Little River ones that have no latches, hehe).

P.S. I saw the Light Monkey Tinkler too. Looks cute and great for dryglove use. I def put it on my list of reviews to follow. The problem you had with the screw was just user error? Like the screw/top is not particularly easy to lose is it? I would hate it if it only has a few turns because it is hard to feel with dry gloves when turning, and it sure would be harder to replace that cap than a simple bolt that I now have.

P.S. I saw the Light Monkey Tinkler too. Looks cute and great for dryglove use. I def put it on my list of reviews to follow. The problem you had with the screw was just user error? Like the screw/top is not particularly easy to lose is it? I would hate it if it only has a few turns because it is hard to feel with dry gloves when turning, and it sure would be harder to replace that cap than a simple bolt that I now have.

I'm not sure why the bolt came loose. I had it closed at the beginning of the dive (maybe not tight enough,:idk: I dunno). I didn't even know it had loosened up until doing a lights out air share drill in Ginnie. It got snagged on the main guideline a couple of times during the drill. When we got out, my instructor warned me about it. I told hm I had no idea how it cam undone. The bolt has holes machined into them to allow the urine to flow out. It takes more than a few turns to completly unscrew the bolt. Its a longer bolt than it originally looks. It usually only takes a couple of turns to open it enough to get it to work. I haven't tried it with thick or dry gloves yet (hopefully this weekend), so I can't really say on that.

9 days with the pee valve now, some 3-4 dives. Zero failures :).

One thing that might help. I have been putting two layers of glue on the device, and using a small blowdryer on low to dry the glue on the device and make sure my skin is very dry before application. Also put a small amount of glue on my skin towards the back of the device. So far not a drop of pee and often 10-12 hour days in the hot tropics during this class. Really loving having plumbing :). Thanks everyone!

awesome! thanks for the update!

9 days with the pee valve now, some 3-4 dives. Zero failures :).

One thing that might help. I have been putting two layers of glue on the device, and using a small blowdryer on low to dry the glue on the device and make sure my skin is very dry before application. Also put a small amount of glue on my skin towards the back of the device. So far not a drop of pee and often 10-12 hour days in the hot tropics during this class. Really loving having plumbing :). Thanks everyone!

Yes, thanks to Marci for the tip about the lube -- I got to thinking, and suspected some of my failures were due to skin oil, on the mornings where I didn't shower before sheeping up. Changed my routine, and didn't have a single drop of leakage through the whole trip!

Back
Top Bottom