So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recently, inbetween starting all over learning about regulators (just got my first double-hose) I've been making dive T-shirts. I confess that I have stolen some of the designs. I have learned the difference between "Light" and "Dark" T-shirt transfers. Now I am wondering if anyone can ever really have too many dive T-shirts. If there is such a limit I may be reaching it.

Boy Smiley T-shrit with Reg Mirrored AOK.jpg In Cas of Fire With Tanks Fins and Text.jpg

I went for another 100 mile+ ride yesterday. Beaches in Laguna Beach are only open from 6:00 am to 10: am, so I left home at 3:30 so I could get a photo of the Pirate Tower at Victoria Beach. I rode in the dark for the first two hours, but with barely any traffic and all green lights I made it to the site at 7:00. After taking a break to dump sand from my shoes, I took another route home due to a strong headwind. It took one hour longer for the return trip.
The Mysterious Tower of Laguna Beach
Pirate Tower.jpg

20200511_070138_HDR.jpg

Recently, inbetween starting all over learning about regulators (just got my first double-hose) I've been making dive T-shirts. I confess that I have stolen some of the designs. I have learned the difference between "Light" and "Dark" T-shirt transfers. Now I am wondering if anyone can ever really have too many dive T-shirts. If there is such a limit I may be reaching it.

View attachment 585807 View attachment 585808

If you can run down a flight of stairs carrying a set of doubles that way, I must remember to NEVER piss you off!

:eek::wink::D:D

If you can run down a flight of stairs carrying a set of doubles that way, I must remember to NEVER piss you off!
Oh...I thought he was running up the stairs backwards to jump from the highest window.

Well, tomorrow is the 29th day of doing the 30 day 50day push-up challenge....did 30-5-5-5 today, and I feel 50 is definitely in my sights:)...

So far, I have had to cancel one trip. I had planned a photo trip to Banff Alberta to photograph the Canadian Rockies, waterfalls and wildlife. Since travel (dive related or not) is on hold and its resumption is so up in the air right now (pardon the pun), I have been doing a lot of "window shopping" for trips. I have been looking at if it was safe to travel, what type of trip could I put together in a relatively short time.

The easiest would be a local road trip. The most difficult, well complexity increases with budget, risk tolerance, and imagination.
Unfortunately, it may be "a while" before I feel comfortable getting on a 10+ hour flight across the Pacific or spending a week or more in the confined space of a LOB. A 3 hour flight to Vegas and then a road trip through the US southwest, however, may be very achievable.

a new car (very hard to do a test drive right now given the local restrictions)
a new telephoto lens (a Tamron 70-180 lens is pre-ordered and should be released in the next week or so)
a Zeiss 16-70mm f/4 lens and zoom ring (because it fits in the same lens port as my 10-18mm f/4 lens.)
a transmitter for my Shearwater Perdix AI
an Ultra-wide angle lens (I am thinking the Voightlander 10mm f/5.6 lens)

Got my first issue of Alert Diver! Read half of it as soon as I saw it before I remembered I had an exam to study for, saving the last half as my post-exam reward.

Very curious about Henderson's Greenprene. I don't think I'd heard much about Greenprene until I saw the ad for it (but then again I don't really fit in a Henderson so)

Got my first issue of Alert Diver! Read half of it as soon as I saw it before I remembered I had an exam to study for, saving the last half as my post-exam reward.

Very curious about Henderson's Greenprene. I don't think I'd heard much about Greenprene until I saw the ad for it (but then again I don't really fit in a Henderson so)

If you're on FB, check out DRIS' FB page. They did a FB Live chat with Henderson about the Greenprene in the last couple of weeks.

Speaking of gear purchases, if anyone in the US needs Smart Wool for a base layer, REI has their biggest sale of the year going on now. 30% off Smart Wool. Ordered mine this morning. Having just one set was a pain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom