Battle of BCs (Another one)

And the last BC standing isssssss .....

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a black diamond but you aren't getting factory warranty at leisurepro.

But, there are retailers, Scuba Toys among them, who will give a factory warranty on Zeagle AND match the LP price.

I own and love my Zeagle Ranger, and have never dove the Aqua Lung, so I'm guessing you know who I'm going to vote for. But to be fair I will say this, One thing about the Ranger a lot of people do not like is the time consuming task of rethreading the ripcord. Hopefully it wont ever have to be done. The second thing is you can't ditch just one side. If you dump one , you dump them both. But regardless of these, my Zeagle Ranger is the most comfortable, stable BC that I have ever used. I tell all my friends to try one out before they buy anything else.
Kenny

Of course you can ditch one side. Unzip the pocket, remove weight and ditch. In fact if you don't use the yellow thingies, you can pull a couple #s from each pocket.

I just bought a used Black Diamond last week, I have not had a chance to dive it yet. I have been using the Seaquest Pro QD+ to date. I liked the idea of the ditchable weights and I use the Sea Pearl lead shot bean bags with them but in all honesty I think a simple weight belt is easier to use. the sure-lock pouches are a pain to slide in when maxed out for weight using a full 7mm wet suit farmer john with gloves hood and boots. I even lost one pouch during a dive and had to replace it. Looking forward to using the back inflate black diamond .

Old Gaffer

Zeagle. Even if the performance and quality were identical, I think you will find anyone who has had to deal with Zeagle customer service will testify that it is nothing less than extraordinary. That alone is worth quite a bit.

I was looking for a pair of wing straps for doubles and found there wasn't a Zeagle dealer in the area where I live. When I wrote Zeagle with my issue asking for a dealer where I could go, they sent me a pair free of charge. How many companies do that?

Thats funny, i just received my Zeagle Tech from Scuba Toys yesterday. It is a well made BC and super confortable. What caught my attention was the price at Leisure Pro, then I followed someones advice on the forums and Called Scuba Toys and they matched the price no questions asked and now I have a Lifetime Warranty too. So its a win win situation. Scuba toys is excellent and the guys are extremely friendly.

Anyway I did lots of research and I wanted a BC that is confortable, durable, I did not want a cumberbund ( A pain to adjust) The ability to do doubles. I looked in the forums for week and did lots of research and the Zeagle tech was the winner for me.

Great BC

Another plus in my mind for the Zeagle.
Modular construction. You can install a variety of wings with different lift.

I just think Zeagle produces a better bc.

That ripcord design is about the worst I've ever seen. I rather wear a belt. It's a hassle on a boat, a hassle when weights need to be R/R'd - just a hassle!

Build quality is awesome but, who designed this thing?

Another plus in my mind for the Zeagle.
Modular construction. You can install a variety of wings with different lift.

Modular contruction and lifetime warrantee would have me in a minute if it wasn't for that .....that....darn ripcord!:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom