Meet-N-Greet/Dinner, Friday, September 19th, Brandon Ale House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was sitting at the bar realizing i had no way to identify the people i was supposed to meet. if you happened to see the guy with a blue hawaiian shirt on staring at everyone in the bar, that was me.

OH NO! Meanwhile, I was at the table speaking to Zardoz as to why you didn't come.... That sux's.

Got some pics. Please remember these were taken with my phone camera so they aren't all that great but they will do :)

DiveBandit/Dave and Beer Chics
ale9HappyDave.jpg

Sadie, Zardox/Jason, msscuba/Rachel:
ale8.jpg

Scoobahdood/Larry and Sadie:
ale7.jpg

Catra and Hubby come on their motorcycles - what a great evening for riding as well:
ale3.jpg

Moi and M&M/Mike:
ale1Mikeme.jpg

DiveBandit/Dave and mt4jeepin/Matt:
ale13.jpg

Scuba Crab/Doug and his new honey :eyebrow::
ale12.jpg

Me earlier:
ale10Tracy.jpg

Sadie, Zardoz, and msscuba:
Ale1.jpg

We had a huge turnout. At one point we had four big tables full :bounce2:. Lots moved around and mingled, which was great. I know I had several different seats. Missed a couple that were supposed to be there but also had others show that hadn't mentioned they were coming. Catra made it at the tale end of the gathering. It was a pleasure meeting her and hubby :) As always it was a very nice/fun evening. msscuba enjoyed getting to know you on the ride there and back. Oh and you are welcome for the site seeing tour :rofl2:

i was sitting at the bar realizing i had no way to identify the people i was supposed to meet. if you happened to see the guy with a blue hawaiian shirt on staring at everyone in the bar, that was me.

I didnt know anyone either, but I wore a scuba shirt and walked around until the group (DiveBandit) found me!

I just went to tables and asked if they were the scuba group.. After about the 6th table I got it right....

I just went to tables and asked if they were the scuba group.. After about the 6th table I got it right....

I have a monster size banner that is great for outside stuff. I will speak to NetDoc and see if I can't get a smaller one for when we are in restaurants. That is the last thing I want is people missing out cuz they aren't sure who "we" are.

I have a monster size banner that is great for outside stuff. I will speak to NetDoc and see if I can't get a smaller one for when we are in restaurants. That is the last thing I want is people missing out cuz they aren't sure who "we" are.

I was thinking of bringing a small divers flag to stand on a table. That SURELY wouldnt get misssed! BTW when is the next meeting??

I was thinking of bringing a small divers flag to stand on a table. That SURELY wouldnt get misssed! BTW when is the next meeting??

Fantastic idea! I like it. I'm going to shoot for two weeks for the next one. as long as they are filling up and people are having so much fun - why not.

I didn't know anyone going to the Quaker Steak one either, so I just looked around until I found someone with a dive shirt on! If I remember correctly, it was Dive Bandit.

Also, most restaurants have no problem if a group tells the Hostess the name of their group. Then, when other people show up, they just ask for that group and the hostess points them in the right direction. I've done that for business meetings a few times. A small banner or dive flag of course would also work, but a person may have to walk around looking like a lost puppy for a few minutes until they find it!

I didn't know anyone going to the Quaker Steak one either, so I just looked around until I found someone with a dive shirt on! If I remember correctly, it was Dive Bandit.

Also, most restaurants have no problem if a group tells the Hostess the name of their group. Then, when other people show up, they just ask for that group and the hostess points them in the right direction. I've done that for business meetings a few times. A small banner or dive flag of course would also work, but a person may have to walk around looking like a lost puppy for a few minutes until they find it!

When I got there I asked at the door and the girl said she had just come on so she didnt know if anyone was there. She did walk around with us until Dive Bandit found us. Here is the one decent pic I shot. (I deleted the others. Didnt pass quality control).
I will bring a "table marking device" to the next meeting. Let me know when and where.
IMG_0006.jpg

When I got there I asked at the door and the girl said she had just come on so she didnt know if anyone was there. She did walk around with us until Dive Bandit found us. Here is the one decent pic I shot. (I deleted the others. Didnt pass quality control).
I will bring a "table marking device" to the next meeting. Let me know when and where.
IMG_0006.jpg
I guess we should all wear something that makes it obvious that we are divers. T shirt, hat, mask, snorkle, wetsuit. I don't know something like that. What do you guys think?

I'm there. Say when and where. Do you want me to drive this time?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom