Can you reach your tank knob to turn it on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters:
New divers reading threads like these and say... yeah, I should do that drill too... may over fill their small toolbox such that they lose their basic tools.
LOL Too funny

ChillyWaters:
Anyways, do you want new divers reacting or thinking their way through a life-and-death situation. If you say "thinking," then you're an idiot.

What an oxymoron!

Personally, I will take at least two breaths off my reg and two off my octo while looking at my SPG...if the pressure gauge significantly drops while taking these breaths then the valve must not be on. I've never jumped in with my valve off, but had a close call in Key West due to a overzealous dive buddy who liked to touch my stuff while still on the boat. After telling him TWICE to not touch my stuff, guess he felt the need to correct his mistake of cranking my air ON by cranking it OFF. Glad I checked my guages.

ChillyWaters:
Why not defend your statement? Can you not back it up?

- ChillyWaters

If the statement that if you are thinking then you are an idiot is not an oxymoron, I don't know what is! :lol:

waterbearer:
Personally, I will take at least two breaths off my reg and two off my octo while looking at my SPG...if the pressure gauge significantly drops while taking these breaths then the valve must not be on. I've never jumped in with my valve off, but had a close call in Key West due to a overzealous dive buddy who liked to touch my stuff while still on the boat. After telling him TWICE to not touch my stuff, guess he felt the need to correct his mistake of cranking my air ON by cranking it OFF. Glad I checked my guages.

Looking at your pics, I can't blame him for wanting to touch your stuff, but he should leave your dive gear alone unless asked :wink: :D

And to stay on topic, I follow same procedure as you and make sure to do it just before entering water as have had tank turned part way off after a check while I was helping a buddy with their gear. That time I didn't figure it out 'til was under, but I just reached back and cranked valve back open all the way.

TheRedHead:
If the statement that if you are thinking then you are an idiot is not an oxymoron, I don't know what is! :lol:

Actually, reread what I said. You seem confused by it.

I referred to two different subjects, NOT the same subject.

The statement was definitely not an oxymoron.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
The statement was definitely not an oxymoron.

- ChillyWaters
Wooooooosh

JeffG:
Wooooooosh

I keep hearing that sound, what does it mean? must be a Canadian thing.

catherine96821:
I keep hearing that sound, what does it mean?
Now, that is ironic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom